Skip to main content

Egerton v Poynton

6.45pm  6 August 2019

Cheshire League, Premier Division
Egerton 1 Poynton 4 (att 50)

Egerton's relocation from their former grass pitch to a 3G in the same complex had gone under my radar. The pitch they used for my 2013 visit is still there, but apparently first team games were moved last season.

They've entered the FA Vase this season, for which floodlights are mandatory, and they've added a small covered standing area and a pair of permanent dugouts, so there's no doubt that the artificial pitch is now their official home ground.

It was handy for me, as otherwise I wouldn't have had a new ground within range that I could get to after work. That said, the 23-mile journey was horrendous, taking not far off two hours and meant I missed the opening 90 seconds.

I was there in good time to see Egerton take a first half lead, although it wasn't long before Poynton had levelled. The visitors stepped up a gear in the second half, and three unanswered goals, including a penalty eased them to a comfortable win.









Comments