Skip to main content

Swansea City U18 v Millwall U18

11am  21 February 2015

Under 18 Professional Development League Two
Swansea City U18 2 Millwall U18 0 (att 65)

Regular readers of this blog (if there are any) may recall that last month I blogged about a visit to see Swansea's youth team at the club's Landore training ground.

This game was also played at Landore, but unlike the previous visit was on a pitch that's lined by three seated stands. Not all groundhoppers would consider the two adjacent pitches as separate grounds, but as they don't overlap I do. Thanks to whoever looks after Swansea Academy's Twitter account for confirming on Friday evening that the game would be on the pitch I wanted.

The match wasn't particularly memorable. It was a routine win for Swansea thanks to two second half goals. The first was a penalty, softly awarded I thought, but their second goal, close to the end, followed a fine move on the break.

I doubt I'll return to Landore, especially as I've also recently seen Swansea's Under 21 side, who frustratingly played on the same pitch used during my first visit. However, the Swans' youth team often play games at Fairwood, and that's a ground I'm yet to visit.






Comments