Skip to main content

Llantwit Fardre v Bettws

10.30am  27 August 2016

South Wales Alliance League, Premier Division
Llantwit Fardre 6 Bettws 0 (att 190)

I normally blog as soon as possible after watching games. It's not that I imagine readers are hanging on my every word and desperate to know where I've been, but because if I don't then the details of what I've seen soon start to fade.

I'm not much of a note taker when watching football. The score at half time and full time, and a rough headcount of the number of people watching is enough. Sometimes though, the games come so thick and fast that keeping up with them on my blog becomes a challenge.

That preamble will hopefully allow me to get away the first of a few rather brief reports, mostly from matches during the August Bank Holiday South Wales Alliance League Groundhop.

First up, for me at least - I didn't see the Friday night game at Sully Sports as I've already been there - was a top division clash in Tonteg between two former Welsh League sides.

It wasn't much of a contest, early goals put Llantwit Fardre in control, and the visitors were hampered by a sending off. Three goals in each half were enough for an easy home win, I liked Tonteg Park, an enclosed ground with a stand that incorporated a tea bar.










Comments