Skip to main content

St John's Church Snods Edge v Heaton Saints

10.30am  21 September 2019

North East Christian Fellowship League
St John's Church Snods Edge 1 Heaton Saints 4 (att 3)

In the 11 months since my last game in this league it has shrunk to just a single division, but I was pleased that it still has a team playing in the tiny Northumberland hamlet of Snods Edge.

Wikipedia tells me that Snods Edge consists of a church, a church hall, a vicarage, three houses and a football pitch. That's two houses more than I spotted, but of course I was more interested in the football pitch.

As far as I could tell, players get changed in the church hall, then have a short walk to the pitch. It's about as rural as football gets, and the only pitchside facility is a memorial bench, which would have been adequate for the 'crowd'.

The game was a curious one. Possession was fairly even in the first half, but Heaton Saints were deadly in front of goal by half time they had a 4-0 lead. The home side at least had the satisfaction of 'winning' the second half, getting the only goal after the break.









Comments