Skip to main content

Bodedern Athletic v Denbigh Town

2pm  26 January 2013

Welsh Alliance, Division One
Bodedern Athletic 0 Denbigh Town 1 (att 40)

Yet again the weather meant it was a case of finding a game that was on rather than choosing a fixture that particularly appealed, but the visit of league leaders Denbigh to Anglesey was likely to be a decent game, and so it proved.

They had to battle hard to earn their 1-0 win, achieved thanks to a 70th minute goal they just about deserved, although Bodedern were unfortunate not to get a point.

It was a rather different match than my 2001 visit to Bodedern's former ground, at the local school, when they thumped Barmouth 18-0.

I'm not sure when Bodedern moved to the new ground, behind the village hall, as I they'd been playing here a while before I realised.

The ground is better than I'd expected. The pitch is rather tightly enclosed, with a neat seated stand behind the goal towards one corner, and three former dugouts dotted around the perimeter to provide extra cover (plus a pair of proper dugouts serving their originally-intended purpose).







Comments

  1. Hi Steve I've repaid your compliment of mentioning my website on yours
    I notice that you've had nearly 30,000 hits
    The Geordie Times' has just past the 50,000 mark!
    Keep on hoppin'!

    Cheers!
    Fink (the mad-sad groundhopper!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment