Skip to main content

Colne United v Rock Rovers

6.15pm 9 September 2020

East Lancashire League, Division Two
Colne United 0 Rock Rovers 2 (att 31)

I thought I'd been to the ground that's shared by Colne United and Rock Rovers. But a tip off by a fellow groundhopper alerted me that the Edge End Playing Fields in Nelson was not where I thought it was.

Based on the road name (which turned out to be inaccurate) I thought it was the same place where I'd watched a game in 2011. But instead of being a pitch behind Marsden Heights College, it was a pitch slightly further north behind a primary school.

It's among the more basic venues in the East Lancashire League, but I was grateful for the opportunity to see a game on a new ground on what would otherwise have been a blank evening.

Rock Rovers are returning to adult football after going missing for spell, and opened their season with maximum points away from home at the ground where they'll also play their home fixtures. Two second half goals were the difference.







Comments