Skip to main content

Crown and Anchor v Bramley Town

11am  8 July 2018

Leeds Sunday League
Crown and Anchor 0 Bramley Town 14 (att 19)

I don't usually watch Sunday league football, but I much prefer competitive matches to friendlies and the Leeds Sunday League now has a summer season making it an acceptable way to kick off my 2018/19 season.

Not that this game was very competitive to be honest. Bramley went ahead in the opening minute, were 6-0 up by half time and added a further eight goals in the second period. They could easily have scored plenty more.

As I type this the league's Full Time website insists the final score was 15-0. I've been wrong before, but on this occasion I reckon my tally is accurate.

Eight teams are taking part in this year's Leeds Sunday League. Last month I visited Thorner, whose two teams play at their own ground in the village. The other clubs play on pitches allocated by the league, two at Fearnville and one at Bramley Park.

This match was at the latter, played on pitch three at what is a very pleasant park. The pitch was very narrow, but was in far better condition than pitches one and two, neither of which looked playable.

Just Fearnville's pitches left to complete the league, but they may have to wait until next summer now.








Comments