Skip to main content

Moston United v Swinton

3pm  4 November 2017

Lancashire and Cheshire Amateur League, Division Two
Moston United 1 Swinton 4 (att 20)

I picked this game as the 3pm kick off allowed me to watch Leicester (the team I support from my armchair) away at Stoke on TV, and still get a new ground, not something I can do very often.

Moston United are new team this season, and appear to have some connection with FC United of Manchester. They play in FC United kit, and their home ground is the 3G pitch next to the Broadhurst Park stadium.

They have a young side, and having started the season well I expected them to see off visitors Swinton, but the result turned out to be something of a surprise.

The visitors went ahead thanks to a penalty, and got a second before half time when a free kick was misjudged by the Moston keeper who allowed it to creep in at his far post.

Moston pulled a goal back in the opening minute of the second half, but if they thought - as I did - that it'd be a springboard to get back into the game, they were wrong. Swinton responded by quickly adding a third, and a late fourth goal gave them a resounding win.

The 3G pitch at FC United is exactly as you'd expect this sort of ground to be. It's floodlit, thus making 3pm kick off possible in November, and enclosed by a high fence.








Comments