Skip to main content

Blackpool U18 v Bury U18

11am  24 September 2016

EFL Youth Alliance, North West
Blackpool U18 1 Bury U18 0 (att 60)

My seemingly never-ending quest to watch a game at every professional youth team venue took me to Myerscough College, not far from Garstang in Lancashire.

In two previous visits to the college I've watched Catforth Summer League football, but Blackpool's youngsters have moved in this season and play on a pitch that's in a different part of the campus to the ones I 'ticked' previously.

Typically for a Youth Alliance venue, one side of the pitch was roped off as the designated area for spectators. A handful of scouts were restricted to a corner, away from others watching the game.

I imagine the scouts saw plenty that interested them, as both sides played some good football and had some promising players. Had a I been a scout I'd have been taking notes on Bury's keeper, he had a fantastic game, making a series of excellent saves to keep the home side at bay until well into the second half.

The only goal cam with about 20 minutes left, and was well deserved as Blackpool continued their unbeaten start to the league, while at the same time denting Bury's perfect 100% record.







Comments