Skip to main content

Alcester Town v Badsey Rangers

2pm  27 December 2014

Midland Football League, Division Three
Alcester Town 4 Badsey Rangers 0 (att 49)

This was third home ground I've seen Alcester Town on, although both previous visits were well over 20 years ago.

I didn't think I was going to make it to this one, the motorway traffic south from Manchester was crawling, and I approached Alcester via a very busy Stratford-upon-Avon, where I dropped my other half and her parents for a spot of shopping and sightseeing.

Arriving just a few minutes before kick off, the sights in Alcester were better than I'd expected. The club's latest home ground isn't bad for a team in the Midland Football League's lowest division. The pitch is enclosed by a combination of plastic fencing and rope, there's dugouts, and a former golf driving range provides extensive cover behind the goal.

Alcester are top of the league, and had no problems overcoming local rivals Badsey. The home side scored twice in each half, and while Badsey played their part in a decent enough game they never really threatened the hosts.

Promotion beckons for Alcester, and with a good ground with scope for the necessary improvements they give the impression of a club on the up.










Comments