Skip to main content

Cowboys v Cannon Fodder

10.30am  3 December 2011
Dundee Saturday Morning League, Premier Cup Group A
Cowboys 0 Cannon Fodder 6 (att 7)

My first taste of Dundee's Saturday Morning League, and it was an entertaining if chilly introduction. I was working in Scotland on Friday, and having stayed overnight near Dundee this was a good way of passing time before an afternoon game, while getting an additional match and a new ground.

It was one of five games at the council-owned Riverside Pitches, and as the only one featuring Premier Division teams it was the one I elected to watch.

Cannon Fodder were worthy winners, although the scoreline was harsh on the "home" side (all venues are effectively neutral in this league, with games staged at parks with multiple pitches). Cannon Fodder scored two early goals, then added four more in the second half, with Cowboys defence falling apart towards the end.

Not sure I'll be leaving home before dawn to watch future Saturday morning games in Dundee, but I'll certainly bear them in mind next time I've stayed nearby on a Friday night.

Ground no 3,678





Comments